Assistant Project Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
VolkerFitzpatrick offers a range and depth of civil engineering, infrastructure and building services. We contribute to vital parts of the nation's life through projects of strategic importance, while delivering those less visible, yet essential, works required by both private and public sectors. We build, renew, maintain highways, airports, railway infrastructure, and commercial, industrial and educational buildings.
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to work within our Development team on our CP7 framework project with Network Rail. The framework will total 5+5 years of multiple projects across the Southern Route (Kent, Sussex & Wessex). Projects will consist of structures, earthworks, drainage, buildings, fencing and access points.
- Experience working in development on rail projects, either for a Contractor or Consultancy
- Proven technical and project management abilities
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Knowledge of the requirements and implementation of CDM regulations
- Ability to produce Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets, and implement safe systems of work
- Detailed knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental issues relevant to the project environment
- Sufficient experience required in construction.
- 5 years' experience in working on Projects on Network Rail Infrastructure
If your past experience doesn't match perfectly with every requirement of the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for us.
Why work with us?
VolkerFitzpatrick is under the umbrella of VolkerWessels UK which is a multidisciplinary contractor that delivers innovative engineering solutions across the civil engineering and construction sectors including rail, highways, airport, marine, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure.
By utilising the specialist skills of each business unit within VolkerWessels UK, VolkerFitzpatrick are able to ensure our staff provide unrivalled resources and expertise to our clients.
We offer competitive rewards and benefits, recognising the value we place on our employees.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive annual leave and an additional day off on your birthday
- Private medical care
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Shopping and restaurants vouchers, rewards, and discounts
- Training and development opportunities–comprehensive skills–based training
- Family friendly polices including enhanced maternity benefits
- Employee Assistance programme
- Mental health, physical health, and financial support
- 24/7 Virtual GP service
Fairness, inclusion and respect
We believe in pushing boundaries in the pursuit of fairness, inclusion and respect. So, our teams can be comfortable that, whatever their background, VolkerWessels UK is a place where they can be themselves and thrive.
If you need support with your application, please contact us at
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
Our preference is to hire directly, and we will reach out to our Preferred Supplier List (PSL) agencies if this particular role qualifies for release.
We kindly request that you refrain from sending speculative CVs. In the event of speculative CV submissions, no fees will be applicable, and we kindly ask that all inquiries to be directed
VolkerWessels UK is committed to maintaining healthy, safe and productive working conditions for its
entire staff and therefore a drugs & alcohol screening is mandatory for all.