Fuel Director - New build EfW Power Station
7 days left
- Full Time
Fuel Director – New Build Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
Astute's Power Team is exclusively partnered with Slough Multifuel, a joint venture between Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners and SSE Thermal, for the recruitment of a Fuel Director for their brand–new Energy from Waste Power Station in Slough. The power station will process 480,000 tonnes of waste per annum producing up to 60MW of electricity to the grid.
This strategic Fuel Director role comes with a competitive salary + excellent benefits package.
If you're a Fuel Director/Manager and are looking to work for a joint venture between two highly reputable companies who put employees at the forefront of what they do, then apply today.
Responsibilities and Duties,
As the Fuel Director, you will be responsible for:
- Reliably and cost effectively sourcing the waste required for the Energy from Waste Power Station
- Defining and implementing the waste contracting strategy for the company including the long–term development of the sourcing strategy to improve the economic benefits for the shareholders.
- Management of the fuel supply and offtake contracts which are already agreed as well as future contracts to maintain supplier relationships.
- Ensure consistent flow of fuel to the plant as well as offtake from the plant.
- Carry out fuel quality assessments on occasions when this arrives to site as well as working with suppliers on how to improve quality if any issues arise.
- Development and improvement of the tools, systems and processes operated by the team which includes fuel delivery forecasting, market intelligence database of suppliers, contract management database, etc.
- Overseeing all aspects of the long–term contracts for APCR and Bottom Ash offtake which have been negotiated and signed by the company.
- Support the Managing Director in identifying business improvements when required.
Experience & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience of working in the waste market
- Ability to demonstrate working as part of a small team in a waste commodity sourcing role
- Strong commercial acumen including significant contract negotiation and management
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills
- Proven ability to identify and drive business improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive basic salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Other excellent benefits
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to (url removed) or dial (phone number removed) and ask to speak to Arjun Patel who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.