Senior Project Manager (Assets/Civils/Building)
Exciting Opportunities in Asset Management
Our client is offering two remarkable opportunities within their Asset Management Team as they embark on the next phase of maintenance, repair, and renewal of Buildings & Civils assets. This team is responsible for planning, designing, and executing projects spanning Buildings & Civils across stations.
Both of these roles are fixed–term contract opportunities, with a duration of up to 15 months starting from January 2024.
As a Programme/Senior Project Manager with our client, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Safely delivering projects within defined timeframes, budgets, and quality standards, in compliance with PACE, RIBA, GRIP, applicable Railway Group, Network Rail company standards, and specific legislation.
- Providing valuable input for the creation of the business plan and development of the possessions plan, demonstrating your knowledge and understanding of early project development (GRIP/PACE).
- Offering a professional, consistent, and effective project management service, including project monitoring and reporting in alignment with established standards and guidelines.
- Contributing to the development of supply strategies and framework contracts.
- Managing project change, risks, and contingency throughout the project lifecycle, and supplying comprehensive cost, contingency, and program details to facilitate portfolio/project authorization.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for tasks under your responsibility, including the creation of project safety plans and related documentation.
- Assisting the company in fulfilling its obligations under CDM Regulations 2015 (Construction, Design, and Management Regulations).
- Identifying safety, technical, and management training needs for personnel under your supervision and contributing to their professional development.
- Conducting accident investigations when required by the relevant designated competent person.
- Ensuring compliance with governance standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
To thrive in this role, you should have:
- Proven experience in successfully managing major and complex projects.
- In–depth knowledge of Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
- NEBOSH Qualification.
- Proficiency in different contract forms, such as NEC, JCT, and IEC.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A general understanding of Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations.
- Strong leadership abilities with the capacity to motivate your team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Keen attention to detail, multitasking capabilities, and the ability to perform under pressure within a small team.
- Enthusiasm, a receptiveness to guidance and instruction, and dedication to your work.
- Strong work ethic, willingness to take initiative, and carry out tasks proactively.
- Basic time management skills.
- Organized and tidy work habits.
- Exceptional punctuality and reliability.
- Effective communication skills.
What We Offer:
In return, our client offers:
- Competitive salary, with the potential to earn up to GBP70,000, depending on experience.
- Final salary pension scheme.
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to all bank/public holidays recognized in England.
- Complimentary travel on their services and discounted travel on other National Rail services.
- Access to an online benefits portal, offering a wide range of rewards and benefits.
Join our client's dedicated team, and be a part of shaping the future of rail infrastructure. Apply today to seize these exciting career opportunities.