Senior IT Project Manager
Proud to be partnering with a nationally recognised brand based in Birmingham in their search for Senior Project Manager on a 2 year fixed term contract. Paying up to GBP65,000 base + 20% pension contribution and 40 days annual leave the benefits are unmatched.
You will lead a number of large/complex/multiple workstreams on the Programme, which are of strategic importance, leading the team of Project Managers to deliver the workstreams/projects, and being accountable for delivery and for the success of the projects. You will be expected to exercise a substantial degree of independent professional responsibility and discretion, requiring innovation and creativity to succeed.
– Working with senior members of the group to identify and shape the strategic direction, operational plans, and key deliverables for the Programme each of which is likely to be medium to long term. This will require you to use your expert judgement to make key decisions or to predict future impact of projects and influence future projects.
– Research external sources to inform the project delivery, resources, funding sources and best practice, using your substantial expertise to influence the direction of the workstreams/projects.
– Oversee and coordinate critical cutover activities associated with the workstream Go–Live.
– Offer guidance and direction to the team of Project Managers fostering their development and encouraging them to achieve project objectives while fulfilling their duties and meeting project milestones.
– Develop internal and external networks with key and senior stakeholders, partners and the wider community.
– Horizon–scan to identify, propose and develop projects that will influence and contribute to the strategic direction.
– Actively manage the day–to–day operational and tactical aspects of multiple large–scale projects to mitigate and minimise risk.
– Produce high quality written reports and analysis and present to a range of audiences including the senior governance groups.
– Responsible for delivering the projects/workstreams on time, to budget and to the standard you have scoped out and agreed.