Head of Manufacturing
Head of Manufacturing role based in Preston. Working for a global organisation
Our client is a global manufacturing company based in Preston.
You will be responsible for leading, planning and controlling on–going operational production processes and activities, delivering to customer needs and strategic business requirements in high, medium and low rate, complex manufacture production facilities. You will have overall responsibility for production and / or final assembly of whole/parts of the aircraft.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivering the Manufacturing strategy through leading a large production workforce in the Preston facility to deliver solutions to complex and demanding programme plans and service solutions.
- Developing and maintaining strong, senior and high profile customer relationships, to ensure the company is always the prime choice and is a valued and trusted part of the supply chain.
- Identifying all dependencies, stakeholders, risks and prioritising workload across multi–functional / discipline teams.
- Ensuring compliance to all Safety/Quality/People processes.
- Delivering Maintenance Programmes & Upgrades and managing departmental budgets.
- Leading and directing a large production workforce and virtual teams of support staff from across Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Logistics, Project Management and others.
- Solving problems and ability to think laterally to ensure that the overall goals of the programme remain in focus without compromising overall product safety and quality,
- Continuous process and efficiency improvement through the use of emerging technology and data.
- Forward thinking employee engagement of a highly unionised workforce
- An inspiring leader, with a focus on the development, engagement, safety and wellbeing of the workforce, as a key enabler to business performance.
- Experience of high rate production with a focus on process, automation and digital technology, with a progressive route towards this in a manufacturing operational environment.
- Experienced in operational leadership of multiple teams in a unionised environment.
- Ability to drive a high performance culture with operational excellence.
- Proven track record in outcome focused production/manufacturing transformation, technological and cultural change, ideally in an Automotive or Aircraft Design & Manufacturing business.
- Ability to collaborate across broad internal and external networks.
- Broad appreciation and understanding of the International Industry, organisations, politics and cultures.
- Appreciation of Project Management/Integration control processes and IT business systems.
- Ability to understand, analyse and co–ordinate solutions to complex planning, operational & technical issues.
- Strong customer focus to manage customer satisfaction and ensure customer issues are resolved effectively in order to enhance the reputation of the business.
- Ability to deploy a high level of freedom to meet complex operational programmes and technical issues in an effective and efficient manner.
- Strong track record of achievements in Customer Service, Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Experience of managing large teams engaged in a wide variety of activities is essential.
- Degree/Equivalent in an Operations/Operation support discipline or euivalent
GBP80,000 to GBP100,000 plus package