UP TO 65,000 + BENEFITS
We're partnering with a highly successful business that is looking to enhance their finance team by recruiting an experienced Financial Controller to work closely with the Finance Director.
The purpose of the Financial Controller is for the individual to take on the full responsibilities for the day to fay finance function, releasing the Finance Director to focus on wider commercial tasks in the business to enable the business to further accelerate their growth.
An opportunity exists for the Financial Controller to quickly progress into a Finance Director role presenting the perfect opportunity for a highly driven individual.
THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ROLE:
- As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the financial operations of our diverse, multi–million–pound turnover business including managing the day–to–day activities of the finance department.
- Management of a Finance team that includes Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Payroll and Data Analysis.
- Implementation of a formalised monthly financial close process to deliver timely management information.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts. Preparation of monthly reports and analysis of balance sheets, budgeting and forecasting, and other ad hoc analytical tasks.
- Prepare and analyse financial reports to provide insights into the company's financial performance and trends.
- Oversee payroll, manage banking, insurances, utility contracts, asset management and taking on other office management or ad–hoc duties as required.
- Review, development, strengthening and continual efficiency improvement of internal controls and processes.
- Creating and implementing company policies to deliver better controls and governance over the business. Creating reports and analysis to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Control of business credit policy and debt collection ensuring timely collection of monies. Working with credit control team to set and review credit limits.
- Preparation of business forecasts, annual strategic plans and budgets, understanding and supporting the business on profitable business growth and highlighting opportunities and risks.
- Collaborate with external auditors to facilitate the annual audit process and ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Participate in strategic planning and contribute to the development and implementation of financial strategies to achieve the company's goals.
- Facilitating and negotiating best finance options for fixed asset purchases.
- Undertake financial due diligence on any intended acquisitions.
- Current experience as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller, ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified. Candidates with are QBE / Qualified By Experience with strong technical understanding and experience.
- Must have excellent IT skills and be particularly proficient in using Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to communicate financial issues to non–finance people in a clear and concise way.
- Must be commercially astute and have good relationship building skills.
Please send your CV for the Financial Controller role via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.