- Advising either verbally and/or in writing on the merits or institution of proceedings by or on behalf of the Council with specific reference to housing matters, predominantly relating to anti–social behaviour, and taking the necessary action when required, in particular, in connection with:
- Injunctions sought under the Anti–Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 (and dealing with any committal action arising thereupon);
- Housing possession actions in respect of secure, introductory, non–secure tenants and demoted tenants, as well as illegal occupants/trespassers;
- Statutory nuisance proceedings.
- Drafting and preparing all necessary claims, applications, pleadings and notices relating to these actions, including the presentation of cases before the courts.
- Drafting policies, procedures and protocols in consultation with, and on behalf of, various Council directorates, especially the Housing Management division of the Housing Directorate.
- Preparing training materials and delivering in–house legal training on various aspects of tenancy law and administration and injunctions.
- Providing legal advice, either verbally and/or in writing, to Directorates, Officers and Elected Members as and when required.
- Instructing Counsel to act or appeal on behalf of the Council in circumstances where the best interests of the Council so require.
- Promoting and operating in accordance with the diverse needs of the community to ensure equal access to services.
- Any other tasks which may from time to time be delegated to the post holder by the Director of Finance and Legal.
Connect2Dudley, part of Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.