Head of Engineering
- MTrec Recruitment
United KingdomUnited Kingdom
- 65000.00 - 65000.00 GBP Annual
- 10 Mar 2023
- 06 Apr 2023
- Job Title
- Scientific and Pharmaceutical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Rewards & Benefits on Offer;
- Car or car allowance.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Access to Bravo Benefits Platform.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme.
- Permanent Position.
- Immediate Start Available.
- Free On–site Packing.
- Permanent Day Shift.
MTrec's New Opportunity;
MTrec Technical are proudly representing our Prestigious Manufacturing client, based in Bishop Auckland. We are supporting their internal recruitment needs by recruiting a Head of Engineering, to join their organisation at a senior management level, on a permanent basis. A successful candidate will be responsible for leading and developing the Site Engineering functions, to ensure that the internal engineering/project management processes are robust and meet best practice requirements with regards to delivering expectations, as well as managing all internal and external relationships. If you are an experienced Head of Engineering, looking for your next career move, apply now for an immediate response!
The Job You'll Do;
- Deliver projects through the effective use of APQP and NPI monitoring.
- Deliver accurate, timely and consistent reporting of new projects with regards to their status within the NPI process.
- Deliver fully developed assembly processes for new products that meet operational needs in terms of health and safety, quality, capacity and agreed takt times.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are available for all manufacturing areas and products.
- Conduct full Gate 6 reviews of products in line with current state data.
- Drive continuous improvement projects that embrace lean manufacturing through the use of kaizen and other recognised lean tools.
- Keep abreast of modern manufacturing techniques and available equipment that compliments the business core competencies to deliver product to meet increasing quality expectations and improve on efficiency and productivity.
- To participate fully and cohesively with employees from all departments across the Group and at all levels from shop floor to CEO.
- To act as an experienced senior manager applying judgement, common sense and management perspectives to the stewardship and decision making appropriate to the responsibility carried by the role.
- To assist in the development and execution of strategic plans for future business.
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing/quality environment
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant manufacturing/engineering discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of leading and developing a team (ideally with an engineering bias)
- Experience of project management
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing
- A working knowledge of APQP and NPI gateway systems
- A working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering and Quality systems
- An appreciation of a QMS – ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/TS/IATF 16949:2009
- IT literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Six Sigma certificate (Desirable)
- 2 years' automotive experience (Desirable)
- Steel fabrications experience (Desirable)