Head of Development
Head of Development – Renewable Energy
Our client is a renewable energy project developer delivering multi–megawatt energy storage projects. With over 15 years' development experience, they develop, build and operate solar & storage projects across the UK.
As a result of continued growth, they are currently looking to recruit a Head of Development to support their project pipeline delivery.
Working with the Directors in the business, the ideal candidate will be an experienced renewables professional who has successfully managed a team through the full project lifecycle.
You will oversee a team of ambitious project development managers who develop projects from opportunity identification to shovel ready status. The individual must be a creative problem–solver with an ability to combine both technical and commercial knowledge.
The client can offer flexible home working alongside weekly visits to their London office. Staff are encouraged to work autonomously to drive project completion, and are rewarded accordingly.
Benefits include a generous bonus scheme that's based on profit share of completed projects, alongside private medical insurance, IT equipment, pension and other benefits.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The Head of Development will lead a team of development managers who will:
- communicate and engage with landowners to agree land (heads/option/lease agreements) on solar and battery storage projects.
- secure grid connections through working with internal grid manager, external grid consultants and local Direct Network Operators ("DNOs").
- work with appropriate internal and external planning consultants & manage the end–to–end planning process.
- Supporting the Directors, Chairman and other stakeholders in preparing reports in a timely manner.
- Acting as a mentor to other development professionals in the role, ensuring workloads are managed effectively, but with appropriate continuing professional development opportunities.
- Ensuring appropriate coordination and communication with other internal functions, including but not limited to commercial, finance, legal, procurement and operations.
- To manage and escalate project related risk as appropriate.
- To take a hands–on management approach to projects identified as being particularly impactful or challenging.
- Highly credible and demonstrable track record of directly securing ground mounted solar projects (from inception to delivery).
- Expertise of leading a team.
- Strong leadership, influencing and presenting skills.
- Experience of managing technical due diligence and EPC of renewables projects.
- Ability to build strong, cooperative and productive relationships with key stakeholders involved in realising projects.
- Creative and pragmatic with an ability to find solutions to challenging problems.
Climate17 is a purpose–led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.