Head of Research & Development
- Evolve Selection Ltd
South East EnglandUnited Kingdom
- 01 Feb 2023
- 21 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Scientific and Pharmaceutical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you an experienced New Product Development Manager, looking for a new challenge Research and Development?
Evolve is recruiting for a brand–new opportunity to join a global market–leading Pharmaceutical organisation!Our client is seeking a tenacious and experienced Head of Research and Development to shape the structure of the R&D function for our client, in recruiting, leading, coaching, and developing a team of highly talented R&D Specialists.
This is a remote based position, with occasional travel to Ireland Head Office when required, and is all about developing diverse new products from concept and bringing them to market.
- You will have significant experience of the new product development process, from concept to launch.
- Experience of line management is essential.
- Eyecare background is preferred, however other backgrounds in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, nutrition, OTC will be considered.
- Flexibility to travel when required – some international travel may be involved.
- Shape the structure of the R&D function, recruiting, leading, managing, and developing a team of highly talented R&D specialists.
- Developing a pipeline portfolio of diverse health products, working from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype.
- Working closely with a number of cross–functional Heads of Departments, the Head of R&D will be responsible and accountable for the internal product development pipeline and will manage and the team involved in project specific implementation and execution of planned development activities.
- Source and evaluate the capabilities and qualifications of contract developers/ manufacturers to prepare/process the intended formulation as well as development of said formulations and devices.
- Lead and organise product development activities within a contract development lab or manufacturing facility, according to the relevant guidelines and best practices of each product/project.
- Set project direction, planning, goals, milestones and ensure project deliverables meet strategic corporate objectives.
- Development of an innovation charter for the different product categories.
- As projects move from a defined product concept into development, the Head of R&D will be working closely with the Medical, Marketing, Insights and Commercial departments. As a key member of the wider innovation selection group this role will be responsible for promoting a culture of innovation both within the Research, Development, and Innovation Department and across the business.
- Provide leadership of the R&D function which is currently a team of 6 people.
- Oversee R&D budget and allocation of resources in the R&D department.
- Motivate, organise training, manage, and lead the team and recruit where appropriate.
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department championing a culture of innovation.
- Explore and assess R&D partnership opportunities, including pharmaceutical & healthcare companies and academic institutions.
Role Specific CompetenciesIT Skills.Team player.Ability to lead and coach a team.Confident and approachable.
Recruitment Process2/3 stage process.
Interested? Please click apply, or contact Claire Handley to discuss further!
Evolve is a leading recruitment and outsourcing organisation, operating within the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Medical Device and Life Science sectors.