Principal Systems Engineer
Are you a Systems Engineer that is interested in a fresh challenge for a very well–regarded global organisation?
The beauty of this organisation is that they work with a multitude of clients in a diverse range of industries where no day is the same. They are well regarded as a specialist across many areas including Aerospace, Defence, Space, Cyber Security, and Transportation.
As a Principle Systems Engineer, you could be working from aircraft carriers to frigates, minesweepers to shore–based installations, our communication support services keep more than 50 of the Royal Navy ships and submarines operational and available at all times
As a Principle Systems Engineer within the FWC Systems Engineering team you will be a key member of a dedicated and highly agile team that prides itself on the ability to deliver both core contract engineering commitments, for the continued sustainment and management of the Royal Navy s existing communications capability, and non–core engineering projects for capability improvement or addition.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience being involved in the end–to–end delivery of systems engineering
- To support and contribute to the Land & Naval Comms product strategy.
- Provide technical support to the IVVQ team during the system integration and acceptance phase of the programmes.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Maintain the design and production baselines through to platform acceptance, including specifications, ICDs, cable data sheets, BOMs and certification documentation liaising with production, the DO and safety engineers as required.
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance and cost subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality and cost.
This role can be I Crawley, Reading, Bristol, Newport and the role will be 2/3 days a week in the office.
I want to highlight that there are multiple roles available from Principle Systems Engineer to Senior Principle Systems Engineer.