Associate Project Manager Construction background
Associate Programme/Project Manager from a Construction background
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a senior professional to join this well established and highly regarded company and to be responsible for leading and delivering multiple programmes consisting of multiple projects. Your experience could be within the retail sector, public sector, health, and commercial or infrastructure sectors and you will have expertise in a specific area such as Project Controls or Change Management.
Business development is key to this strategic role and you will be well versed in developing accounts. You will also have line management and bids experience
Ideally you will have approximately 10 years' experience with construction programme or project delivery and have CRICS or CIOB qualifications or working towards them.
The Associate Project Manager will join an established and growing team in the Midlands.
This role presents an excellent prospect to take responsibility for providing all core Project Management services on several interesting projects, for a wide range of clients.
The role also offers the opportunity to work across a variety of sectors including, industrial, logistics, residential, commercial, mixed use, leisure, healthcare, education and more for private and public sector clients – allowing you to gain valuable multi–faceted experience.
You will collaborate with a supportive team, assisting with the company's strategic vision and be offered a platform to progress with genuine support from your colleagues the wider business to achieve your career goals.
Key Responsibilities of Associate Project Manager
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- To oversee the successful delivery of projects (in conjunction with the Project Management Partners) with a view to securing repeat business
- To actively participate in the development of fee proposals and responses to RFPs
- To attend Client interviews as required securing new Clients.
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
Associate Project Manager Professional Skills
- Management and preparation of key stage reports from feasibility through to completion and post–handover
- Preparation of various programmes
- Management of meetings, taking and preparation of minutes
- Preparation of progress reports and presentation at monthly client meetings
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing multiple projects on 'LIVE' operational sites
- Assistance with the preparation of contract documents
- Management of multi–disciplinary project teams
- Working knowledge of various forms of building contracts
- Experience of Administering building contracts
Associate Project Manager Person Specification
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Construction Project Management degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy, contracting or end user client.
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Experience managing large and complex projects from conception through to completion
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business
- Well organised, diligent, proactive and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, and flexible
Associate Project Manager Key strengths:
- Agile – makes decisions within remit and executes in fast, simple and focused way.
- Embraces a collaborative working environment to achieve shared objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong organisation and planning skills to manage a wide variety of tasks, processes and responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self–motivated with a strong results focus, takes the initiative to drive disciplined delivery of objectives.
- Team management
Perks and Benefits
- This Company will provide you with a flexible, friendly, and creative environment in one of their UK offices to develop your skills and challenge yourself. They will support you to innovate, collaborate and build a meaningful career. Their strong network of people and knowledge will help expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects across the UK and potentially further afield.
- Employees enjoy hybrid working and are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 28 days holiday + bank holidays (option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year), Company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Bicycle Purchase Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Dental Cover, Life Cover, Professional Memberships plus many more benefits
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.