Head of Operations - Biotech & Pharmaceutical
Site Lead required for my client, a global leading developer and manufacturer of raw materials and test platforms for the life science and biotech market. My client are a global business with manufacturing sites in multiple countries and continents. As Site Leader you will be accountable to the COO for delivering site specific P&L commitments, results against Key Performance Indicators and functional excellence ensuring effective and appropriate linkages across the organisation.
The site lead is responsible for:
- Ensuring customer and business needs are met through using direct authority, influence and matrix management to achieve the strategic future state design of the products manufactured and for producing those products under compliant processes.
- Developing the strategic direction of the site, in conjunction with, commercial and product management teams to deliver growth and productivity targets, ensuring the site delivers against the annual business plan.
- Setting and cascading of the Goals & Goal tree and ensuring line of sight from strategy to execution across site, ensuring clear accountability and measurement of progress via Standard Operations work.
- Adherence to leader standard work and its continual improvement through the engagement of staff, eradicating waste and improving flow and productivity.
- Provide and develop training and organisational development for staff that provides growth and engagement whilst reducing attrition and increasing employee morale.
Key duties of the Site Lead:
- In Partnership with the named HSE Leader for site, ensure safe and compliant operation of the of the site in line with company values and ethics
- Provide on–site leadership in areas of site performance and initiate and lead, site performance management process
- Ensure all aspects of site organisation and processes are aligned for optimal performance, achieving Operational Excellence and global Lean objectives
- Support the site implementation of all functional excellence standards, policies and practices
- Develop and implement site budget and achieve productivity targets
- Assess, develop and implement approved capital plan
- Ensure realisation of working capital goals
- Ensure customers expectations are well understood and translated effectively to operations plans
- Manage site capacity utilisation
- Maintain site inventory levels to ensure they remain within operational target
- Ensure compliance with Quality standards and policies
- Contribute to the overall continuous improvement culture of the business by eliminating waste and maximising productivity
- Ensure site employees are connected with long–term vision and strategy
Skills and Qualifications of the Site Lead:
- Experience in leading operational sites and world class operations
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent qualification
- Experience in life sciences, medical device or corresponding regulated environment
- Experience leading teams in an operational and matrix environment.
- Experience of applying Lean and/ or Six Sigma techniques to resolve problems
- Professional level healthcare, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience preferred, with prior supervisory and management responsibilities
- Track record of successful developing leaders and organisations