Interim Procurement Officer
Hales Group are seeking an Interim Procurement Officer for our client with sites in Lowestoft and Woodbridge. Our client pride themselves on being a great place to make a real difference to people's lives and deliver vital services across East Suffolk. Being familiar with procurement practices and public sector authorities is a mandatory requirement
- Working with departments to create a forward looking plan to deliver procurement activity in ways that deliver value, increase efficiency and effectiveness and are attractive to the market
- Ongoing management and variation of departmental procurement plans to take advantage of changes in technology, policy, guidance and working practices
- Establishing and developing a relationship with key stakeholders in departments and through the supply chain in order to deliver the procurement plan(s)
- Maintaining the corporate contract register and Local Government Transparency Agenda and Procurement/contract performance information for assigned areas
- Ensuring the authority delivers on Sustainability and Social Value aspirations through procurement exercises and contract management
- Provide opportunities for, and engage with Small/Medium enterprises and the local supply chain
- Identifying and exploiting commercial opportunities allowing revenue generating activity for the authority
- To work with internal and external bodies, from all sectors (public, private and third sector) on collaborative procurement.
- Responsible for management of procurement documentation and processes
- Assist in developing best in class procurement strategies and processes in line with applicable external guidance and passing these onto to departments.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required which are compatible with or arising from the role or working for the councils
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Public sector procurement and contract management experience
- Managing Projects
- Building, maintaining and managing effective relationships
- Change management or process re–engineering experience
Education and Training
- A degree level/professional qualification in related field or appropriate work experience
HOURS: 37 hours Monday to Friday
DURATION: Temporary for 6 months
LOCATION: REMOTE – sites are Lowestoft and Woodbridge (fortnightly site visit required)
PAY RATE: Variable depending on experience
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply or email your CV
Why work through Hales Group?
All of our Consultants are committed and qualified in what they do and have been operating in Lowestoft for many years. We treat candidates as our customers and try to find the right job solution for you. Hales Group offer all temporary workers; holiday pay, expenses scheme, personal accident insurance and pension scheme.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.