Head of Estimating - Nuclear
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long–term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over GBP3 billion.
Accountable for the Estimating Function within Morgan Sindall Nuclear. Provide strong direction, strategy, communication, and people development for the Function. Provide support to bid and project teams and estimators in the preparation of high–quality competitive tenders and Target Costs. Ensure consistency of approach in following procedures and best practice
- Responsible for open and transparent budget development and strong competitive tender commercial proposals.
- Manage and allocate the estimating resources and its people development to Develop and maintain a strong estimating function including succession plan
- Show leadership, collaboration, and teamwork to engage the estimating function and wider work winning functions, sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Develop Strategies with procurement to ensure we achieve the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends, Key Delivery partnerships and existing relationships.
- Identify and report on risk and opportunity at assurance and tender settlement.
- Prepare accurate and competitive estimates and cost plans
- Assess project and tender documentation, requirements and report findings, omissions, requirements for information to team
- Full working knowledge of estimating software system and ensure upgrades are understood and implemented.
- Operate within the Morgan Sindall standards estimating procedures
- Awareness of current health and safety requirements and changes
- Effectively communicate pricing, bid strategy, assumptions, exclusions and risks to the project teams .
- Benchmark pricing against historical projects, whilst understanding impact of external factors of inflation cost validation etc
- Build effective relationships with clients and framework partners, establishing two–way dialogue with customers and suppliers to greater understand their needs
- Seek to establish professional trust and mutual respect with customers and suppliers
- Provide Data support to clients for business case applications when appropriate.
- Prepare submission documents for Assurance, tender settlement and / or authority approval
- Monitor business development appreciation and understanding of Client strategies and expectations.
- Experience in major Infrastructure and / or oil / gas / process industries.
- Qualified to professional status and educated to degree status preferable
- Ability to take–off quantities and price work from first principles
- Advanced in using estimating software
- Creating Excel reports
- Cost planning knowledge and experience
- An understanding of construction technology, resourcing and construction methods / outputs, for civils and Process activities.
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you'll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever–expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20–year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non–utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK's Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy's Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People 'Two Ticks' accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV's from agencies. Please note that any CV's submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.