Business Development Manager - Real Estate Finance
Business Development Manager – Real Estate Finance
Operating in the UK for 60+ years from 10 offices serving retail, SME, and corporate customers. Globally the bank has more than 9,000 branches, with 100 overseas offices in 21 countries across 5 continents serving over 130 million customers.
The UK business has recently embarked upon an exciting and substantial journey of growth and transformation.
- Work in conjunction with the UK Head of Business Development to deliver ambitious sales growth plans
- Primarily 'hunterfocussed' the BDM will source and execute new property lending transactions within the assigned territory
- Develop and execute a regional business development strategy to grow the customer base to deliver revenue and profitability in line with Bank's strategy
- New lending opportunities to be sourced directly, via FCA directly authorised Brokers and other Strategic Partners
- Own the annual sales target
- Work in conjunction with the Management Team and in particular the Head of Product and Head of Marketing to develop and enhance the Bank's product range to address the specific requirements of the target customer base needs
- Provide continual market and competitor updates
Skills & Qualifications:
- Significant sales experience within a Commercial Bank or Specialist Lender
- Strong property finance knowledge, including BTL, Commercial and Development Finance
- Significant understanding of the local Property market
- The successful candidate will have a strong professional network, including brokers
- The candidate must be both focussed and tenacious in pursuing stretching targets and demonstrate the ability to react quickly to take advantage of opportunities
- A natural collaborator who is a highly effective team player with demonstrable stakeholder management skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to work in a fast–paced, high–growth environment, managing multiple projects and working to tight deadlines
- An effective communicator with the ability to:
o Communicate, present and influence at all levels of an organisation, including Executive and C–level
o Articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
o Present the value of a proposition through proposals and presentations
o Position products against competitors
- The chance to join an established stable bank.
- An opportunity to join a business at the beginning of a substantial growth and transformation programme, leading to career progression opportunities for the right people.
- The chance to play a major role in the banks plan to grow the UK wide lending book 4–fold in the next 3 years.
- Competitive basic salary, discretionary annual bonus plus other benefits including generous pension and healthcare.