Chief Contracts Manager
Interesting Contracts Manager job working with Local Government organisation
Your new company
This Local Government organisation acts as host for a number of bodies which add value to the work of our member authorities by helping them co–ordinate their work with pan–London organisations.
Your new role
As Chief Contracts Manager you will have lead responsibility for the effective delivery of body's transport, mobility, and other contracted services. You will also be responsible for the formulation, development, and implementation of a programme of work to support and improve these services.
The role will require you to provide high level, professional and technical advice to a wide range of stakeholders, including contractors, boroughs, government and more. The post holder will also be responsible for the development of two contract officers who are building their formal skills in contract management and in procurement. This is an interesting opportunity to work on some high value projects in a well–respected local government body.
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant experience of managing services delivered through contractors, including contract negotiation and procurement.
- Substantial experience of managing a function of comparable scope and complexity.
- Experience of leading, motivating and developing staff to deliver high quality, value–for–money services.
- Strong public sector background
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of services including Transport and or Mobility
- Good IT/Tech knowledge
What you'll get in return
In return you will get to work in a dynamic and interesting environment. The role gives you the chance to work alongside some of the leaders in the industry and be on the cutting edge of the procurement sector.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up–to–date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.