Interim Senior Legal Counsel
Our client, a high profile international technology company based in Wiltshire, seeks an interim Senior Legal Counsel to join its existing legal team for 12 months.
This role requires a technically excellent and pro–active Senior Legal Counsel to join the Global Operations team to advise the business on key commercial contracts and general commercial legal matters.
- To provide expert advice on legal and contractual issues across the business, helping the business navigate complex legal issues;
- Draft, negotiate and advise on the terms of important commercial contracts with suppliers – including master services agreements, outsourcing arrangements, manufacturing supply agreements, & software licenses;
- Support tender processes;
- Assist the business to resolve contract disputes with suppliers;
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders in the business, procurement, and the legal teams;
- Work as part of a cross–functional team to provide commercial and contractual legal support on important projects throughout the business;
- Provide supervision and support to more junior members of the team;
- Help to deliver relevant legal training programmes;
- Management of external legal counsel and legal spend where necessary;
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of developments in relevant areas of law and contribute to the Legal team's sharing of know–how; and
- Help to maintain template documents and create appropriate guidance materials for the business.
As interim Senior Legal Counsel you will have at least 5 years' post–qualification experience in a commercial contracts–orientated role obtained either in–house or in private practice. You will have a solid background in contract law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a pragmatic way. Strong drafting skills and extensive experience of contract negotiations.
You will be pragmatic with commercial awareness and have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the business. You'll also have the ability to work autonomously, with limited supervision, in an exciting, fast–paced, and constantly evolving environment.
This is a 12 month assignment which can be office based or carried out on a hybrid basis and is paying a competitive day rate (Inside IR35).
For the right candidate, this is an exceptional and exciting interim opportunity to join a global company who are a technology powerhouse.
If this role is of interest, please contact Bianca Gibbs at Chadwick Nott on /
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.