Role: Finance Manager
Department: Finance & Accounting
The primary responsibility of the Finance function is to provide an efficient and reliable finance service that maintains proper accounting records to meet the organisation's statutory duties and obligations and provides the controls, MI, data analysis and insights that are required to manage the business.
This is an important role and is ideally suited for an ambitious, commercially minded and proactive finance professional. The role requires someone who can exercise initiative, demonstrate independence of thought and behavior and have the flexibility and competence to deal with a range of different challenges, projects and stakeholders.
The role involves working closely with and maintaining strong relationships with all areas of the business including Management, Supply and Operations, Commercial, Treasury, and Back Office teams.
This role sits within the Finance & Accounting team leading a team of 8, and reports into the Head of Finance. The overall Finance function is currently 22 people in total and consists of Middle Office, Finance & Accounting, Treasury, Credit and Tax.
This is a full–time role, based in the London office.
- Responsible for the preparation of P&L and BS for our client and its subsidiaries and their timely submission to Group.
- Assist in the implementation of new business reporting and integration of accounting systems alongside the accurate consolidation of the results.
- Assist and oversee month end accounting process and submission of relevant reports to head office in Hamburg for all entities.
- Production of regular monthly management accounting information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and streamline controls over balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all transactions are accurate and booked in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all accounting transactions including MTM of inventory, derivatives, FX under IAS39.
- Assist in the implementation of a full front to back interface of systems, (Right angle through to SAP)
- The provision of regular monthly financial and management accounting information to enable the organisation to plan, forecast, manage and report its financial position.
- Improving and standardizing month end processes to improve efficiency and controls, timeliness of submissions and reporting to Group.
- Streamline and enhance the Risk versus Finance P&L to ensure transparency and consistency across Product control and accounting.
- Develop a strong understanding of the systems used by the company (Trading & Accounting).
- Liaise closely with all departments to keep abreast of business developments that could affect the accuracy and reporting of the financials.
- Preparation and consolidation of annual budget and strategy document/presentation (forecasting P&L/B/S, working capital requirements, CAPEX etc.)
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Prepare and coordinate the external audit.
- Provide support and analysis for the delivery of projects as required.
- Process improvement.
- Dealing with queries from Hamburg (Group)
- Managing and developing the Finance & Accounting team.
- Preparation of periodic and ad–hoc reporting for management.
- Assist in the review and production of the tax computations and submissions for the company (VAT, Corporation tax, Duty etc).
- End to end management of Planning, Budgeting, forecasting, performance management and reporting, costs management and control, value adding insightful data interrogation and analysis.
- Ensuring all standard finance operating processes, procedures and policies are maintained and up to date.
Essential knowledge, experience and skills required
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent.
- Significant hands–on experience (> 6 years) of running an effective, reliable and best practice finance function that adds value, with no surprises, oil and energy sector preferred.
- Full management and control of an end–to–end finance and accounting system.
- Advanced MS Office and Excel skills.
- Experience of SAP accounting and trading systems preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to use initiative and problem solve issues by themselves.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Proactive and motivated person with strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Team player with experience in leading a team of finance and accounting professionals.
- A strong drive to improve performance and processes.
- Proved track record of delivering quality and accurate output and value.