Finance Business Partner (7m FTC)
4 days left
- Full Time
We are Global
We're proud to be one of the world's leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on–air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we're committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters???the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn't do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying???it's all about how you make people feel. It's our company ethos, our guiding belief and it's so much more than words. It's the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it's what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it's the reason we all love to work here.
Overview of job
You will be expected to provide cover for multiple areas of the finance team as we migrate from one financial system to another. This role will be highly dynamic and you could be doing a diverse set of tasks from month to month. You should be able to demonstrate excellent excel modelling skills and be a quick learner. This will be a fast–paced and challenging role.
3 best things about the job
- A wide, varied and fast–paced role with exposure to senior management.
- Will be involved in a finance transformation project migrating from Coda to Workday and will be able to build a good understanding of both systems.
- Excellent opportunity to build something tangible and be fully responsible for aspects of a project.
Responsibilities of the role
- Build relationships with the business area management team and department heads, providing support to management, addressing any issues with financial systems or procedures that might impede the successful operation or development of the business.
- Where decisions are taken within the business, ensure that the financial impact of such decisions is communicated on a timely basis.
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly reports, with commentary and analysis.
- Attend regular business area meetings with management to help them achieve their objectives, providing financial support and insight and follow–up on action points, as applicable.
Commercial and financial planning
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly financial information, with appropriate and consistent explanation of significant variations from budget and latest re–forecast.
- Ensure that subsequent re–forecasts reflect impact of highlighted variations (including monthly full–year forecasts and program slates), with appropriate explanation.
- Ensure financial planning and reporting highlights are shared in a timely manner to enable consistent inclusion in Group financial planning and reporting.
- In conjunction with Financial Planning Manager & Head of FP&A, review accuracy and consistency of budget and re–forecast data loads into INFOR, including liaison with business areas to validate data submissions
- Understand and validate assumptions used in planning commercial and other revenue forecasts during the relevant financial planning and reporting cycles.
- Understand and validate assumptions used for operating costs, overhead allocations, amortization and depreciation charges, interest expense and other income and costs as appropriate.
- Improve business understanding of contribution as a performance measure and utilize this information to assist in improved decision making.
- Track capital expenditure budgets, re–forecasts and annual spend, ensuring costs/benefits analysis is provided for all proposed investments.
- Ensure an accurate and timely cash–flow forecasting and reporting process, including analysis of related assumptions and variations.
- Ensure any significant changes to the commercial, Taxation or regulatory environment are escalated to Finance Management Team.
- Develop schedules to enable the planning processes
- Board Reporting
- Assist in the production of all finance reports and presentations being delivered to the board.
- With support from the management accounting team, provide month and YTD variance analysis and regular updates on current and forecast financial performance.
- Challenge the business's consideration of performance to focus on forward–looking positions and the impact for the full year and beyond of current decisions.
- Finance policies and processes
- Challenge current processes to be more streamlined and automated.
- Work with finance management to challenge existing accounting policies.
- Adapt policies and processes in line with requirements maintaining the control environment.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualification with 3 year's post–qualification experience
- A proven ability to work as a business partner with senior management, demonstrating confidence, strong influencing skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
- You will support all Global Media finance requirements in scope
- Problem solver who can think laterally to deliver commercial solutions to the business
- Attitudes Valued – Innovation, Flexibility, Proactivity, Positivity, Timeline achievement, obsessive about detail.
- Strong diverse systems experience including advanced excel (formulae, pivot tables etc). Experience with CODA Financials and Infor Reporting is preferred but not crucial.
- Experience with managing direct reports.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can't possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that's why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global