Private Client Solicitor
A successful law firm with a distinguished reputation built up over many years are looking for a Private Client Solicitor to join them in London's West End for a full-time, permanent role.
Responsibilities of your new role
In this Private Client role, you will manage a caseload of work including:
- The transfer of assets code;
- The CGT and income tax settlements codes, including the changes introduced by Finance Acts 2017 and 2018;
- The remittance basis of taxation;
- The taxation of corporate gains;
- Excluded property status;
- The statutory residence test;
- Domicile and deemed domicile;
- The taxation of UK residential property (inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax and stamp duty land tax, annual tax on enveloped dwellings) and structuring the ownership of such property;
- The UK taxation of different investment types; and
- Advising on trusts, structuring and international succession issues.
To be successful in your application to this Private Client Solicitor role you must demonstrate:
- 5+ years of PQE;
- International private client law experience from a similar calibre firm;
- Extensive experience in the international aspects of UK tax; and
- Technically capable tax and private client practitioner.
Great benefits are available for the Private Client Solicitor as standard for a top City firm - as well as flexible working arrangements.
Your new team
The team provides specialist legal advice on the whole spectrum of private and business issues, helping clients to preserve and transmit their family assets and wealth.
The practice is highlighted in Chambers and the team are currently developing their international capabilities, regularly handling matters for a range of clients including entrepreneurs, hedge fund managers and CEOs. They advise high net worth families in the USA, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Offshore work for private banks and trustees is a regular feature.
Please apply today to be considered immediately for this Private Client Solicitor opportunity in London.