Associate, Corporate- Isle of Man
Exceptional opportunity for a lawyer interesting in joining the corporate team of a leading international law firm based in their Offshore offices in the Isle of Man. On offer is high-quality international corporate transactional work and an Offshore package.
- Advise clients, in keeping with the internal policies and procedures, with respect to all aspects of client matters assigned to the Corporate Practice Group.
- Represent the group in dealings with other law firms, government representatives, agencies, and other professionals involved with the client's matters.
- Responsible for developing a thorough understanding of each assigned client's business and business philosophy and for communicating that knowledge to whomever within the group may work on the client's matters.
- Take instructions from other lawyers or clients including suggesting, recommending and drafting instruments for a particular matter, involving lawyers in other practice groups, where necessary or relevant.
- Responsible for effective caseload management.
- Responsible for effective practice management in keeping with internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in updating Knowledge Management data as it relates to corporate related work.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the law, both locally and internationally.
- Review and prepares contracts, including acquisitions and joint ventures, complex commercial transactions, mergers, buy-outs and other corporate business transactions.
- Review documents prepared by other lawyers and provides comments thereon.
- Settle the terms of new engagements and exercises due diligence in all matters.
- Lead or assists in the drafting of precedent documentation for the practice group.
- Mentor less experienced lawyers where needed.
- Participate in the practice group's marketing, education and training programmes.
- Manage client billing, including the pursuit of delinquent clients and taking the appropriate steps in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Directly responsible for opening of files, managing files and the closing of files upon completion and sending closed files to archives for safekeeping.
- Circa 3+ years PQE and experience of general corporate, M&A or banking work would be preferable.
- Candidates would be expected to carry out a wide range of high-quality work in a collaborative environment, working closely with other offshore offices.
- Good communication and technical skills together with the drive to provide excellent client service and build strong client relationships are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, lawyers and colleagues, and to exercise discretion.
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.