Job Title: Solicitor (PQE 0-6)
Area: Corporate and Commercial
Salary: We offer a competitive salary package, which includes life assurance, pension and private healthcare.
Location: Cobham, Surrey
Hours: Full time 38.5 hours per week (you will be required to devote to your position such additional hours as may be required from time to time to enable you to perform your duties and responsibilities properly).
The Corporate and Commercial team has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented junior lawyer to join the practice working in our growing, enthusiastic and hard-working Cobham office, working as part of an experienced team. The candidate will be a newly qualified or up to 3 years PQE solicitor with relevant experience of corporate and commercial work in private practice. You will have the opportunity to further expand your skills and experience with the benefit of knowledge resources and support of a quality found in top 50 firms so as to allow you to build on your experience within this friendly and supportive team. The opportunity also offers a real opportunity for career progression.
The successful candidate will handle a variety of medium to large scale deals working with a diverse client base. The team advises on a full range of corporate work including:
- Mergers and Acquisitions;
- Private Equity and Venture Capital - acting for investors, investee companies and management teams;
- Joint Ventures; and
- General corporate governance, compliance and procedural work.
Drafting and negotiating general commercial agreements including terms and conditions, supply of goods and services, distribution and agency, franchising, e-commerce, outsourcing, data protection, consumer credit, marketing and advertising law.
The candidate needs to have excellent drafting and negotiating skills, be a good team player with a positive and willing attitude.
- Provide full support to more senior practitioners working within the team and deal with delegated work.
- Build and manage own caseload of matters and over time, clients (with appropriate support).
- Work as part of a team with other lawyers and professionals.
- Assist with marketing and business development duties for the practice area, which may include presenting at seminars and other events.
- Assist with in house training.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding and experience of dealing with the expectations of clients.
- Sound legal knowledge of Corporate and Commercial law for the candidate's level of PQE.
- Sound drafting and research skills.
- Some experience of negotiating legal documents.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet client deadlines.
- Excellent file management and the ability to meet financial targets.
- Good IT and typing skills.
- Ability to build relationships with existing and potential new clients.
- Enthusiasm for business development and marketing.
- Social Media awareness.
- Driving licence is required.
- Willingness to get involved and act as a team player on client matters and provide general support.
- Positive attitude to work, confident professional manner and willingness to learn.
- An organised and accurate approach to work.
- A personable and presentable manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working with Microsoft