Professional Negligence Legal Counsel 3+ years PQE
An opportunity has arisen at this top 100 law firm for a first class lawyer to join its in-house legal team and take on a dual role of advising on matters of professional negligence and more generally working with the business on other legal and commercial matters, in both cases, working closely with the Operations Director, a successful ex-City corporate lawyer by background.
This is a broad and varied role which can be split into two main areas although this may vary day to day depending on the needs of the business:
- Claims investigation, management and prevention
- Instructing and managing external lawyers
- Supporting the Board with professional indemnity insurance matters
- File reviews and supporting lawyers with problematic clients
- Complaint investigation
- Internal training and awareness on risk
- Projects based work looking at efficiency, costs and risk
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Supervising trainees and junior lawyers
- Involvement in the firm's continuing professional development programme
- Involvement in IT projects to reduce risk and improve efficiency
The successful applicant will have strong academics and be a qualified solicitor from a leading City law firm or an in-house team with solid post qualification experience. He/she will be looking to join an in-house team and contribute to the successful growth of a cutting edge law firm. He/she will have supervised juniors and may have had some experience as a PSL/KDL.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with the following:
- Handling claims and contentious matters. (A professional indemnity background would be a bonus but is not essential as training can be provided)
- Corporate and commercial matters
- Drafting correspondence and agreements
- Understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct
As part of EJ Legal's candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.