Our client is one of the most prestigious organizations based in Dubai. They would like to hire a lawyer responsible for regulatory, legislation and some litigation matters.
You will be responsible for engagement with regulatory agencies on significant policy matters, including regulatory change relating to structural reform, capital, resolution and wider financial market reform.
Overall Purpose of Role
* Facilitating and leading engagement on regulatory policy issues affecting any of the Group's businesses including response to formal and informal regulatory consultation;
* Assist with strategising and executing regulatory policy engagement with key regulatory agencies (at all levels of seniority) to further the Group's strategic priorities in the context of regulation and seek to establish relationships of trust with key regulators in this context;
* Lead the response to, and implementation of, relevant legal and regulatory changes and industry-wide initiatives working closely with product lawyers in the region and regional SMEs in Legal, Treasury, Finance, Market Structure, Compliance, Government Relations and Risk; providing expertise on issues of regulatory policy and interpretation;
* Ensuring regular engagement and dialogue on regulatory policy issues and developments relevant to the businesses with regional management and senior non-Legal stakeholders and regional heads of business and trading;
* Contribute to the Regulatory Policy team's input into key internal projects impacting the region including Brexit related workstreams;
* Liaising closely and working collaboratively with counterparts in other regions (primarily the UK, Asia, EU and US) to ensure consistency of approach; working closely in particular with the Global Head of Regulatory Policy to ensure harmonisation of approach on global issues;
* Managing and supervising the input of external advisers in the regulatory policy space;
* Contributing to the Regulatory Policy team's reporting, know-how and other policy development work.
* Qualified lawyer in UK/EU/US or APAC jurisdiction;
* Proven technical expertise in the field of financial markets regulation;
* Post-qualification experience in-house with large financial institution or in private practice;
* In-depth knowledge of regulatory/legal framework and requirements applicable to financial markets in relevant jurisdiction;
* Experience working with regulators;
* Detailed knowledge of the international financial market structure framework and requirements applicable to financial services and products, including knowledge of the relationship between domestic regulatory frameworks and international standard setting bodies and boards
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.