Group Financial Controller
Our client is a private equity backed specialist care provider. Reporting to the Finance Director key responsibilities will include -
- Managing and developing the Group's finance function
- Ability to develop the management accounts and KPIs as the group develops
- Overseeing and driving timely completion of the monthly preparation of management accounts including the Group consolidation.
- Design and implementation of a new accounting system across newly acquired businesses.
- Ability to challenge and replace established processes and procedures where necessary.
- Management of the annual audit process for financial reporting.
- Preparation of the monthly Board Pack for discussion with the Board and P/E backers
- Input to preparation of the monthly bank model for sharing with the syndicated lenders including covenant headroom and stress-testing
- Acquisition and completion accounting, including fair value accounting, for business combinations
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with.
- Primary lead in Financially integrating business acquisitions (transaction back-office consolidation, system adoption and standardised reporting)
- Ownership of the annual budgeting and re-forecasting processes including investor presentations.
- Continual drive to support and improve margin through effective financial control and commercial acumen.
- Develop and get best use (reporting, embedded controls and process improvements etc.) out of the newly implemented Finance system.
- Retain an on-going appreciation of the exit strategy
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited as directed by the Group CFO.
You will be a Qualified Accountant with a track record of developing and managing successful finance teams. You will have a strong technical reporting background but an appetite to work in a high growth SME. It would be beneficial to have worked in a multi-site care or healthcare environment previously. This role would also suit a Finance Manager looking for their first controller role.