Legal Counsel in TV Entertainment
Our client is a global multi-media company that develops, produces and distributes over 300 wholly and majority-owned pay-TV channels in more than 40 languages.
This role will be is a Legal Counsel position supporting one of the TV Channel portfolios. Within this portfolio you will manage the TV Channel, print publications, digital platforms and social channels.
- Negotiate, draft and review a variety of publishing, licensing and multi-media agreements in the following areas:
- print publishing (specifically, magazines and books)
- consumer products
- ad sales and sponsorships
- vendor agreements for business services (such as data processors)
- travel business (licenses and affiliation agreements with tour operators and marketing agreements)
- Happy to work alongside other business teams and assist in the analysis and interpretation of contracts to enable them to make informed business decisions.
- UK qualified solicitor.
- 3+ years prior transactional experience negotiating, drafting and reviewing one or more of the following: (i) intellectual property content and brand licensing; (ii) print and/or multi-media publishing; (iii) merchandise licensing; and/or (iv) entertainment/multi-media content licensing.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills (multi-cultural/ written/verbal/negotiation).
- Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional, articulate, personable and useful manner.
- Must be very organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.