LAW Absolute is working with a highly-regarded Local Authority who urgently requires a Childcare Lawyer to join their team on short notice.
The role is for an initial three months with possibility of extension.
The role will involve handling the following matters:
- Provide advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including; public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering,
- Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings,
- Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC's, IRH's, PLO's and Direction Hearings,
- Attend meetings with expert witnesses,
- Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings,
- Attend legal planning meetings when required,
It is essential that you can perform your duties efficiently with minimal supervision whilst maintaining a high standard service at all times.
Due to the nature of the role, it is imperative that you can work in a fast paced environment and can hit the ground running from the outset.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour time frame your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
LAW Absolute has specialised in legal local government recruitment since 2003. Today, almost 400 lawyers work through LAW Absolute within local government throughout England and Wales. Our reputation, networks and exceptional market knowledge place LAW Absolute in the prime position to provide the best possible service to both employers and lawyers seeking work.
Apply for Childcare Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly