From £80,000 to £90,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
My client, a leading US commercial property company, are looking for a Director of Accounting Policy & Advisory to join the European head office in Central London.
This role will liaise with the US, Europe and London, on all technical advisory issues, the majority relating to acquisitions and investments. It's a very exciting time to take on such a position, as there are substantial plans for expansion both in London and globally.
Strong technical IFRS knowledge is vital. The other key requirement will be the interpersonal skills to work closely with a diverse group of characters who operate in various geographical locations.
The person will need to impress early on, and be able to adapt style depending on who they are working with. A key point is the ability to challenge what is currently being done in a constructive and supportive manner - and to have the gravitas to impact and challenge all levels within the business.
Key responsibilities include:
* Responsible for technical accounting support and guidance, for private equity fund and global real estate transactions including acquisition, disposition, partial sales, re-structure, re-financing, loan modification, like-kind exchange and other major transaction related matters.
* Partnering with property and fund team to address specific accounting and financial reporting matters and to prepare exhaustive transaction accounting memos (including, but not restricted to, review of transaction closing documents and journal entries).
* Able to provide timely advice on technical accounting and financial reporting matters to accounting teams and all business functions.
* Able to research emerging accounting issues related to the Group’s global financial reports as required under IFRS, US GAAP and various local statutory GAAPs.
* Assist in establishing accounting policies for the Group and provide training to accounting teams related to existing accounting policies, new accounting policies and other technical updates.
* Coordinate various departments, i.e. fund accounting, property accounting, tax compliance, portfolio management, legal compliance and asset management, etc. each quarter for routine and non-routine transaction updates.
* Support and challenge the accounting team to analyse, understand and explain the Group’s positions on complicated and/or technical accounting topics, and work with the auditors during interim and year end audit.
* Partner with the regional property accounting directors and fund accounting directors to support accounting development, reporting efficiencies, and consistency of approach.
* Responsible for the review of UK corporate group consolidation, preparation of the UK corporate group financial statements, and FCA reporting.
The ideal candidate will be:
* ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent), with substantial post-qualification experience
* Detailed technical IFRS, US Gaap and various local Gaap knowledge
* Strong technical, analytical and advisory skills
* Real estate experience desirable
Apply below or to find out more about the Director - Accounting Policies & Advisory job contact Isabel Evans on [contact details removed] or call + [contact details removed] quoting the reference 2038990.