1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from JM Group Hide jobs in this location
- JM Group
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Software Systems Specialist - London
The job holder researches and recommends the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. S/he designs, implements, integrates and supports various PC operating systems and ancillary/utility products. S/he assists in the design of overall system performance objectives and makes recommendations about the corporate technical direction. S/he is involved in all phases of implementation and performs software installations and documents in all environments.
Job holder must have in-depth knowledge of the company's total computing environment, including heterogeneous, open systems and their impact on the infrastructure. S/he must have expertise in developing detail-level functional requirement documentation and application testing environments. S/he must also have lead experience with implementing new or enhanced applications into production. Job holder must have experience with designing and executing major software installations and implementing a security system. S/he must be experienced at addressing a variety of technical (hardware, software or application) problems. S/he must also be customer-service oriented, able to build cooperative relationships with people and have strong oral and written communication skills. Job holder must be an experienced problem solver who champions creative solutions and is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Application Packaging - Wise, Installshield (Admin Studio)
• Software Distribution on a large scale - Symantec Altiris or Microsoft SCCM
• Provide in-depth 3rd line support to the numerous Regional Desktop Support Teams within EMEA
• Project Implementations
• Scripting – PowerShell, Visual Basic
• Active Directory, Desktop Related Group Policies
• Login Scripts
• Profound knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7
• Desktop Image creation and maintenance
• Change Management Process
• Application Testing on Standard Images
• Engineer Solutions
• Investigate business requirements for desktop applications and propose solutions
• 1st class troubleshooting, problem management skills – Windows 2003/2008, Active Directory, DNS, Windows XP and Windows 7
• Must have experience of working in a global enterprise environment with of at least 10000 users
• Previous Experience of supporting a large distributed, multi-site network environment
• Experience of Windows Workstation deployment and imaging
• Planning and managing target expectation skills
• Must be a self-starting and problem solving personality
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with previous experience in a client facing support role
• Must have expertise in developing detail-level functional documentation
• Strong understanding of networking LANWAN
The JM Group and JM Digital are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions.
The JM Group and JM Digital are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
- Duncan Shaw
Your application for ‘Application Packaging Specialist - London’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!