From £75,000 to £80,000 per year + + Car + Benefits
- Job term
- Job hours
My client is a leading Financial Services organisation who is going through an exciting change programme. Due to this reorganisation they are looking to strengthen their internal Audit team and are currently recruiting for a Senior IT Audit Manager.
Reporting directly to the Head of Audit, working within a flat team structure you will be taking a lead role on all aspects of IT audit, with a hands on approach, leading a small team and contributing to the Audit plan.
Key responsibilities will include
• Subject matter expert on IT risk within the Internal Audit Team.
• Build, maintain and develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders both within the business and externally, including partners to deliver the IA programme, which will require influencing within a specialist area.
• Support delivery of the audit plan through provision of technical expertise and / or complex assignment management and direction.
• Support the implementation of the IA strategy, informing a dynamic audit plan through provision of intelligence on IT risk
• Influence and challenge senior stakeholders to ensure the provision of independent and objective assurance, within IT and the wider business.
• Motivate and develop colleagues within the IA function through knowledge sharing and transfer, instilling a culture of continuous learning.
• Lead key audit programmes, committees and perform audit/consultancy work on complex / sensitive areas of the organisation, identifying key risks and designing effective controls.
• To support delivery of best practice reporting to the Executive, Audit Committee, External Audit and external stakeholders (where required) including as appropriate, audit reports, audit opinions, changes to plan, key performance indicators and the tracking and closure of IA issues
• To support the audit universe planning process, identifying and providing rationale for the audit work required on an ongoing basis
• Individually maintain a high internal and external profile, through planned activities, challenge and influence on audit assignments and at committees, ad hoc relationships and attendance at external courses, and to use this to support the business and IA Leadership Team in the development of IA strategy and a programme of continual improvement
• Encourage and coach others within the department at all levels to do the same through professional development and knowledge transfer
Whilst Audit experience within a financial services environment would be highly advantageous, must importantly you will be an expert in IT and may be looking to move into an Audit environment. Experience within a large organisation and/ or a big four environment is however a pre- requisite for the role. Additionally you will have excellent interpersonal skills both spoken and written, with the confidence to challenge opinions and drive through change, not just report back. In return you will receive and excellent package with opportunity to progress your career in either Audit or the wider business.